Thursday, September 27, 2007

How to get more out of your brain...and learn keyboard shortcuts of OS X

So have you ever been wondering if you used all of your brain's potential? According to a blog entry on Dumb Little Man you might be able to get more out of your brain by using your left hand (right hand if you are a leftie) when moving your mouse. It has been scientifically proven that people who use both hands equally have 10% more nerve fibers than average people. If I remember correctly the more fibers in your brain the more brain power you have (don't take this as a fact, I never was a good student in biology; so you might want to check this;)
Now why is this on a blog about Macbooks, Apple and OS X you might ask. Well I have been using my left hand the past two days and I must say there are even more positive side effects to mousing with your left hand.

mouseglider


  • one: since my right (dominant) hand is free now, I find myself using keyboard shortcuts more often and even checked out some keyboard shortcuts for OS X; which I haven't done since I have gotten my Macbook. This might be a really nice side effect in my opinion because I get the feeling that in OS X keyboard shortcuts are a lot more useful than in XP.
  • two: I finally use my num pad on my keyboard regularly because I don't have to take my hand off of my mouse to be able to use it. This is actually nice also because up until now I just used the num pad from time to time but now I use it all the time.
  • finally: you feel good about yourself because you are doing something for your brain (even if this just might not be the case;) I guess the famous placebo-effect is good enough if it turns out that this doesn't help increasing your brain power.

Well, this was it for today-I truly recommend trying this one out because it is fun and it surely has some neat side effects.

MB-switcher

No comments: