Monday, January 7, 2008

The Macbook and Gaming = Mission Impossible?


Now while the Macbook truly isn't a gamers' machine (I own the Nov. 2006 revision model with 64MB of integrated graphics memory), to my big surprise it does have more graphics power than I have ever imagined. Some of my regular readers might know that I have recently purchased the Samsung 2032bw monitor, which is a 20inch widescreen monitor with a resolution of 1680*1050 pixels (it rocks by the way:)

Two of my most favorite games ever are Unreal Tournament 2004 and Warcraft Frozen Throne and I had my doubts whether it would be possible to play both games on the new monitor in decent quality. To my huge surprise they both run very smoothly with medium video settings. What surprised me the most however was how smoothly I am able to play UT 2004. So before you reject the Macbook I'd say try one out. If you are like me and play older games and don't really like the new ones the Macbook just might be enough for the occasional round of death match or a Warcraft battle with your friends.


MB-switcher

2 comments:

Marc said...

Via Crossover kann man auch einige gute WinGames super auf dem Mac zocken ...
Ne Runde CounterStrike ist somit auch immernoch drin :D

MfG Marc

MB-switcher said...

danke für den tipp...werd mal wenn ich zeit habe crossover ausprobieren:)gelegentlich habe ich doch ein kleines bedürfnis etw. zu zocken.