Sunday, January 27, 2008

How to check your monitor for dead pixels easily

If you are a regular reader of this blog you probably remember that I have gotten a new monitor a few weeks ago. The biggest worry when getting a monitor probably are dead pixels. In my case it certainly was - so I searched the internet a bit to find the best way to check for dead pixels and found a free software called Pixel Check (Link). It's a very simple little app that allows you to color the whole display in various solid colors so that you can check your monitor for faulty pixels easily. If you are about to buy a new monitor or are planning on purchasing one I can truly recommend this little app to check for any defective pixels. By the way, it seems I have been lucky and I couldn't find any dead pixels.

MB-switcher

No comments: