Thursday, February 14, 2008

How to fix disk utility rights after 10.5.2 update

Now since the long awaited 10.5.2 update has been released I thought I'd share a little tip on how to fix the rights that disk utility just refuses to repair. In my case I have installed the update via Software Update and this morning when I repaired my rights there have been three entries about some unexpected values in the folder /Applications/Utilities, /Library, and /Applications (I think). Even repairing the rights from the Install DVD didn't help but there is one way how to fix all this. Download the Combo Update from Apple's site (around 350MB); after that restart your Mac into safe mode by pressing the "shift" key while booting and install the combo update in safe mode. After that all the little errors in disk utility should be gone. I don't know if this is old news but I personally didn't know about this and maybe there are still some people out there that didn't know about this little tip.

MB-switcher

No comments: